Welcome to Footville, Wisconsin
Monday - Friday 9am - Noon
Earlier morning and afternoon hours are available and vary. Please call for an appointment: 608-876-6116
Events in the Community
New Horizon United Methodist Church
1726 South Murphy Road
P. O. Box 251
Orfordville WI 53576-0251
RE: Cookie Walk
Event: Cookie Walk
Event: Sale of Christmas Cookies
Cost: $7.00 per pound
Time: 9:00 a.m. – sold out
Day/Date: Saturday, December 15, 2018
Location/Address: New Horizon United Methodist Church
1726 South Murphy Road
(located between Footville & Orfordville, off Highway 11)
Telephone Number for more information: Church Office: 608.876.6256
Dog Licenses 2018
All dogs in the Village must be licensed by April 1st in accordance with State Statute 174.05. The Village ordinance allows for 2 dogs per household.
· Fees: Unneutered males or unspayed females $11.00; Neutered or spayed dogs $6.00. Late fee after April 1st $5.00; fine for an unlicensed dogs $124.00.
· Proof of rabies vaccination must be submitted when you apply. Licenses are issued at the Village Hall, 261 N Gilbert St. You can apply here during office hours, deposit payment and information in the drop box in the door or mail it to P.O. Box 445, Footville, WI 53537.
- Forms are available under Village Information for your convenience.
- The next monthly Village Board meeting will be held Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall, 261 N. Gilbert Street.
- Fire Commission meeting Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 7 p.m. Footville Fire Department.
- Meeting minutes and agendas can be viewed in "Agendas" under the "Government" tab.
Snow Parking and snow removal regulations
PARKING AFTER SNOWFALL: All vehicle must be moved off the streets any time there is "1" or more of snow to plow. Failure to do so will result in a parking citation and the minimum fee is $50.00
SNOW REMOVAL: Sidewalks must be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after it stops snowing per section 5.09 of municipal Code. The property owner will receive one notice from the Village and be charged for removal if not done by date specified. Any additional violations will be referred to the Rock County Sheriff's Department as an Ordinance violation.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY - REMEMBER TO:
1. Please keep hydrants clear of snow for emergency crews to access when needed
2. Please do not plow, blow or shovel snow into the street. This causes a hazard for vehicles and is am ordinance violation
3. Place garbage and recycling cans in an area that is free from snow and ice to prevent breakage of cans.
This is a kindly reminder that only TWO things that should be flushed into the sewer system are human waste and toilet paper!
Please refrain from flushing baby wipes, moist wipes, plastic bags, kleenex, paper towel, cleaning wipes, food wrappers, towels, etc. Recently there has been a large influx of non-digestible materials accumulating and locking up the pumps resulting in costly repairs.The Village has spent approximately $15,000 just this year on repairs. It is our responsibility as residents to keep these items out of our sanitary sewer; so please be aware of this and SAVE OUR SEWERS!
- The Village Park is closed for the season
- The Village will begin accepting reservation forms for the park pavilion for 2019. There is a $75.00 fee per request and no request is valid until the form and payment is received at the Village Office.
- Please call to request a form or download from the Village Information Tab.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
- You can now pay your water utility bills, court fines, or permit fees by credit card. Our processor is GOVPAYNET and they accept Master Card, Visa, AmEx, Discover and Debit Cards. Click the links below to be taken to the proper secure form.
- Water Utility Bills - use PLC #4148
- Court Fines - use PLC #4149
- Permits & Applications - use PLC #4150
All New Home Construction Please use the following link to submit application for building:
The Village of Footville does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services or activities. The Village does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices. Questions, concerns, complaints or requests for additional information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act may be forwarded to the Village Hall.