Welcome to Footville, Wisconsin
Monday - Friday 9am - Noon
Earlier morning and afternoon hours are available and vary. Please call for an appointment: 608-876-6116
Events in the Community
Reminder that taxes due need to be paid at the County Treasurers office located at the Court House in Janesville!
Dog Licenses 2018
All dogs in the Village must be licensed by April 1st in accordance with State Statute 174.05. The Village ordinance allows for 2 dogs per household.
· Fees: Unneutered males or unspayed females $11.00; Neutered or spayed dogs $6.00. Late fee after April 1st $5.00; fine for an unlicensed dogs $124.00.
· Proof of rabies vaccination must be submitted when you apply. Licenses are issued at the Village Hall, 261 N Gilbert St. You can apply here during office hours, deposit payment and information in the drop box in the door or mail it to P.O. Box 445, Footville, WI 53537.
- Forms are available under Village Information for your convenience.
- The next monthly Village Board meeting will be held Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall, 261 N. Gilbert Street.
- Fire Commission meeting Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 7 p.m. Footville Fire Department.
- Meeting minutes and agendas can be viewed in "Agendas" under the "Government" tab.
The American Legion is the largest veterans organization.Join American Legion Post 237 Footville, WI 608-876-6892 or visit our website at www.americanlegionpost237.footville.org
The Village has two ways for you to dispose of your yard waste:
Roadside pickup bag debris such as leaves and grass. Bundle branches up to 3" in diameter 4" in length and place cut end toward the road for pickup. Please call the Village office to schedule pick up.
Take it to the compost area Do not leave debris in the driveway area. Do not dump tires, garbage,household items stumps, or logs in the compost area. This area benefits everyone, and it can only be continued if the rules are respected. Fines will be issued for illegal activity. The compost area is open from dawn until dusk.
The Village has a new program that enables us to inform residents of various emergent situations such as boil warnings, water main breaks, emergency shut off's, snow emergencies and much more. Please call the Village and update your cell phone number, email address and home phone numbers to receive these alerts.
Beginning in April every Wednesday the Public Works Department will be flushing hydrants. A good way to remember is "No- Whites Wednesdays"
This is a kindly reminder that only TWO things that should be flushed into the sewer system are human waste and toilet paper!
Please refrain from flushing baby wipes, moist wipes, plastic bags, kleenex, paper towel, cleaning wipes, food wrappers, towels, etc. Recently there has been a large influx of non-digestible materials accumulating and locking up the pumps resulting in costly repairs.The Village has spent approximately $15,000 just this year on repairs. It is our responsibility as residents to keep these items out of our sanitary sewer; so please be aware of this and SAVE OUR SEWERS!
- The Village Park is closed for the season
- The Village will begin accepting reservation forms for the park pavilion for 2019. There is a $75.00 fee per request and no request is valid until the form and payment is received at the Village Office.
- Please call to request a form or download from the Village Information Tab.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
- You can now pay your water utility bills, court fines, or permit fees by credit card. Our processor is GOVPAYNET and they accept Master Card, Visa, AmEx, Discover and Debit Cards. Click the links below to be taken to the proper secure form.
- Water Utility Bills - use PLC #4148
- Court Fines - use PLC #4149
- Permits & Applications - use PLC #4150
All New Home Construction Please use the following link to submit application for building:
The Village of Footville does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services or activities. The Village does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices. Questions, concerns, complaints or requests for additional information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act may be forwarded to the Village Hall.